WHAT IS PEER REVIEW...?
Model of Double Blind Peer Review
TIMING – PrePrints
IDENTIFIABILITY – Double blind
MEDIATION – Editors mediate all Reviewers interactions between reviewers and authors
PUBLICATION – Peer reviews are not published
FACILITATION – Review facilitated by a journal
OWNERSHIP – Review owned by a journal or third party
Source: COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers
Peer review is a process of self-regulation by a profession or a process of evaluation involving qualified individuals within the relevant field. Peer review methods are employed to maintain standards, improve performance and provide credibility. In academia, peer review is often used to determine an academic paper's suitability for publication. In case of blind peer review, the identity of the authors would not be revealed to reviewer/referee till the paper is published in the journal.
WHY PEER REVIEW...?
It is difficult for authors and researchers, whether individually or in a team, to spot every mistake or flaw in a complicated piece of work. This is not necessarily a reflection on those concerned, but because with a new and perhaps eclectic subject, an opportunity for improvement may be more obvious to someone with special expertise or who simply looks at it with a fresh eye through different angle. Reviewing of the research of others can identify the possible weaknesses / flaw, thus quality would be improved. For both grant-funding and publication in a scholarly journal, it is also normally a requirement that the subject is both novel and substantial.
NAIRJC publish original and high quality research / technical papers only.
Every Manuscript submitted to NAIRJC will be subjected rigorous process as follows.
1) [AUTHOR--> EDITOR]
Author has to submit his / her manuscript to the Editor through online submission.
2) [EDITOR / REVIEW MEMBERS]
- We determine the quality and originality of the submitted manuscript content by checked through the Advanced Plagiarism Detection Software(CrossCheck by iThenticate).
- The manuscript would be sent to two individual review members for the comments
- Editor / Review Members gives his / her first opinion on particular manuscript, it is accepted / rejected.
- If manuscript accepted, the Editor will send it to two individual reviewers which could take up to 2-4 months.
- If manuscript rejected, the Editor regret message to the authors.
Reviewer team will evaluate the manuscript and gives the status to the Editor as follows:
- Manuscript may be Accepted
- Manuscript may be Accepted with minor changes
- Manuscript may be Accepted with major changes
- Manuscript may be Rejected
- Editor sends the evaluation report to author through an e-mail. 6) [THE CORRESPONDING AUTHOR] The corresponding author should take one of the following actions according to the evaluation report
6) [THE CORRESPONDING AUTHOR]
The corresponding author should take one of the following actions according to the evaluation report
- Accepted with changes
- Make changes in manuscript and re-submit to editor through e-mail.
- Rejected for revision/resubmission
- Do the revision, make changes in manuscript and re-submit to editor
- Author can submit a new article for forthcoming issues.
7) [EDITOR--> PUBLISHER]
Editor will send the final manuscripts to Publisher to publish in the current issue
Publisher will publish the accepted manuscript in the current issue.
Editor gives the published information to the corresponding by e-mail.